We understand that commercial disputes and litigation are rarely ever simple and involve complex issues. At Romanis Cant, the members of our forensic accounting team are able to apply technical knowledge, commerciality and practical experience in a clear and concise manner in order to assist the clients during trying times whilst maintaining cost-effectiveness.
Our experience in a combination of financial, business, insolvency and court matters over a period of over 30 years allows us to evaluate different circumstances and present our findings in a clear and concise manner for valuations, prosecution cases and litigation support.
The services provided by our team are:
- Preparing business, trust and share valuations of private entities.
- Valuing assets in family law matters.
- Quantifying loss and damages in commercial litigation proceedings.
- Financial investigation and investigative accounting.
- Providing technical solvency reports.
- Appearing as expert witnesses in litigation and mediation proceedings
Family Law Disputes
Our team is able to provide assist with a number of issues relating to family law disputes such as:
- The taxation implication of settlement outcomes
- Identifying and valuing assets
- Providing business and company valuations (including goodwill)
- Reviewing and assessing the integrity of financial information provided by the parties
Business and Other Valuations
Our team has a strong history of providing valuations of different types of entities and businesses over a diverse range of industries.
Whether it is a trading business or an asset holding entity, our team can apply different methodologies in a simple and practicable manner to assist clients with understanding the value of the assets subject to proceedings or otherwise.
In addition to providing business valuations, our team can assist with valuing intangible assets and providing impairment of goodwill reports for disclosing entities.
Solvency Reports and Insolvency Support
Our extensive experience and knowledge in the insolvency profession allows us to prepare technical solvency reports as well as provide advice and comments regarding various insolvency matters such as:
- Unfair preference claims.
- Uncommercial transaction claims.
- Unfair loans.
- Director related transactions
Quantification of Economic Loss
Our reports are able to calculate losses in complex commercial matters in a clear and concise manner and taking into account a number of different scenarios.
Whether arising from a contract dispute or a personal injury claim, our reports are tailored so that you and your client are able to understand our findings and conclusions.
Our team is experienced in presenting in Court as expert witnesses as well as during mediation and tribunal settlements.
We are able to provide a broad experience in commercial and business knowledge in order to assist with reaching an amicable solution for all parties involved.